Sunday, March 9, 2014

Welcome to Memoirs of a Warrior


This is a website dedicated to my cancer journey, which began in late 2005 and continues to this very day.

I am a Leiomyosarcoma Survivor.

I was unexpectedly diagnosed in February 2006 after undergoing surgery to remove my {then thought to be benign} tumor.
Following a long and difficult recovery, I underwent intense treatment to attempt to rid my body of any remaining cancer cells.
On November 20, 2006, I received my first clear scan and was officially in remission.

Since then, I have been dealing with many, many complications caused by my surgery and treatment.  Life is far from easy and I'm continually trying to find new ways to adjust to my ever changing body.

Please feel free to explore my website.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email me or comment on any of these pages.  I am 100% comfortable sharing my story, answering questions, and talking about my journey.

My reason for sharing my story is to touch, inspire, and relate to others.
When I went through my difficult battle, I felt lost and alone.  I had no one to turn to that could fully understand what I was going through.  I searched the internet looking for others I could contact; other young adults going through what I was going through.  I wasn't very successful but the few I found helped me out tremendously.  I share my story in the hopes that another young cancer patient will stumble upon and find solace and comfort in reading my story.  I encourage anyone to reach out to me for support.  I reached out to others and now I am paying it forward.












No comments: